Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Addictions.....


So.... We all have addictions of some sort - I have many...

Health-wise only a few of them are bad - My smoking and my lust for chocolate... yes it is lust...

But oh, I have so many many more...

Collecting:

Hats... And I never seem to have an occasion to wear them...
Shoes... And I usually only ever wear the same pair, cause my fat healthy wide feet cant fit into narrow stiletto's, but they just look so pretty in the shop and whisper to me...
Clothes in general... and still I never seem to have anything to wear...
Craft materials... because you never know when you would like to felt a pony...
Stuff for my future home... oh the boxes.. the boxes stuffed with all kinds of junk, from pillowcases to antique plates with gold edges...
Old junk I find adorable... I would make a fantastic bag-lady.. but I would need the world largest shopping-trolley...

Time wasters:
World of Warcraft... I am trying to cut back a lot, and have had a long break recently - gaming doesnt do much good for my tan ;) or my lumps and bumps...
Series... Ohh the biggest time-stealer ever! I must be following a million series - I found out that you could find almost all series on the internet streaming - some really good pay-sites out there.. and then what happens... I don't have to wait a week to see what happens in Gossip Girl.. I just watch episode after episode.. until I actually have to wait, cause there are no more episodes out.. and it gives time to watch Buffy all over again.. and Sex and the city... and Gilmore Girls.. and Bones... and House.. and find series I never knew existed!!... and you get the picture now?
80's and Horror films... Do I actually have to explain this??? Who wouldn't want to spend a whole weekend re-visiting the Breakfastclub or Army of Darkness! (Just bought a Karatekid box set - can't wait for the weekend!!!)
The internet in general... Yes.. why go out and be social when you can sit at home, go on Facebook, play games, listen to music and watch videos of stupid people on YouTube... Right now I am "watching" YouTube, Blogging, on Facebook and Googling stuff... oh and loading an episode of House so it is ready when I am done here...
Crafting... If I am not gluing something together or spreading beads all over my table.. I am not happy...

So you see - I have enough things to keep me busy..... Also conveniently keeping me from dealing with the realities atm.. Like the lack of Job, Home and Man..

Don't try and tell me you don't have at least 3 addictions that keep you happily ignorant about your current situation ;)



(Picture from http://www.nataliedee.com)

1 comment:

  1. "Because you never know when you want to felt a pony..."

    Actually lol'd for like 2 mins. Bravo.

    good blogging! very true about ze internetz...

    ReplyDelete

A new start needs a new tune - the fabulous 30's have begun ;)